When I read about paperless kitchen towels on another blog I was intrigued. Could we do it I wondered? Could we give up the habit of using paper towels in the kitchen? The idea that one paperless kitchen skoy towel has the ability to replace 15 rolls of paper towels also has the benefit of saving a lot of money and storage space at our house.
Paperless kitchen skoy towels are biodegradable and eco-friendly. The towels are free of chlorine and contain only water-based dyes, which are friendlier to the environment than chemical or oil-based colorants.
For the last two weeks we have put this question to the test. I have to admit it’s not easy being green. It is so hard to break a life time habit of grabbing a paper towel to quickly wipe up a spill and then throwing it away. It’s hard, but not impossible.
I was excited to try Paperless Kitchen’s Skoy kitchen towels and at the end of two weeks we are on our way to breaking our paper towel habit. Here are some things I learned during this review about the product.
- You need to have the towel out in the open and available to use (or you won’t use it).
- You need to remember that the towel is not a sponge and not use it for washing dishes or big spills/clean-ups.
- Washing the towel in the dishwasher did not work for us. The towel was soaked and didn’t feel clean to me. I tried the washer/dryer last night and it worked great! The towel is ready to go and I will be able to reuse it today.
- When it’s wet during the day from use, it doesn’t dry quickly, that bothered my husband who equates wet with being germy. He will only use the towel once a day. On the other hand I am fine using it when it’s wet, as long as I know it has been washed out.
- Like anything that is good for us, it seems that using these towels will be an adjustment and takes a commitment of everyone in the family. I’d like to believe we can do it. Time will only tell.
For a chance to win your own set of 10 paperless kitchen Skoy towels check back starting October 1st to enter a Spooktacular Giveaway.
Disclaimer: I received a gift of paperless kitchen towels in order to complete this review. All opinions are 100% my own.